The Prodigy®/CME Machine Controller Card utilises PMD’s ATLAS® Digital Amplifiers to eliminate the need for external amplifiers, allowing new levels of convenience, integration, and cost savings for applications in medical devices, life sciences equipment, scientific automation, robotics, and general purpose automation.
Available in 1, 2, 3, and 4-axis configurations, the Prodigy/ CME Machine Controller cards support DC brush, brushless DC, and step motors and allow user-written C-language programme code to be downloaded and run directly on the card. To build a fully functioning system only a power supply, motors, and cabling are required.
Based on PMD’s industry-leading Magellan® Motion Processor, the Prodigy/CME Machine-Controller cards provide user-selectable profile modes including S-curve, trapezoidal, velocity contouring, and electronic gearing with on-the-fly parameter change. Servo loop compensation utilises a full 32-bit position error, PID with velocity and acceleration feedforward, integration limit and dual biquad filters for sophisticated control of complex loads.
- Complete all-in-one machine controller
- Available in 1, 2, 3, and 4-axis configurations
- Uses PMD’s advanced Magellan® Motion Processor
- Supports DC brush, brushless DC, and step motors
- On-card high performance Atlas amplifiers
- S-curve, trapezoidal, electronic gearing, and velocity-contouring
- Ethernet, CANbus and serial communications
- Board-level execution of user application code at 96 MIPs
- High speed loop rate: 50 μsec/axis’
- Up to 256 microsteps per full step resolution
- Up to 1KW peak output power per axis
- Extensive fault detection including over & undervoltage, motor short, and overtemp
- Single voltage supply drives motors and card logic
C-Motion Engine Development Tools Manual
Magellan Motion Control IC Programmer’s Command Reference
Magellan Motion Control IC User’s Guide
PMD Resource Access Protocol Programmer’s Reference
Prodigy CME Machine Controller Board Datasheet
Prodigy CME Machine-Controller User’s Guide