The decentralised drive system consists of a central power supply and robust IP67 rated servo drives, which are placed close to the motor.
The system offers everything that is needed for the next generation of machine designs – and removes everything that adds complexity. The power supply, safety and fieldbus communication come together in a single 11mm diameter hybrid cable. Also, on the motor side there is only one cable needed for power, brake control and feedback. Altogether this leads to cable savings of more than 80% on the machine.
The drives cover a power range up to 4 kW. Safe Torque Off, as grouped or single control, is part of the standard equipment. Tertiary EtherCAT output and local STO are available as options.
- More compact machines through smaller cabinet
- Savings in cabinet air conditioning due to reduced drive losses
- Faster setup due to significantly reduced cabling
- Maximum degree of freedom in motor selection
- Less hardware and reduced cabling through integrated I/O
- Complete integration into Kollmorgen’s AKD servo drive family
|Continuous output current
|Peak output current
|SFD, Biss C, EnDat 2.1 and 2.2, Hall, Comcoder, Hiperface, Hiperface DSL
|3 digital inputs, 1 digital output
|Tertiary fieldbus (-DF)
Local STO SIL 2 / PLd (-DS)
|Rated supply voltage
|400…480V, 3 phase
|Continuous output power
|Peak output power
|SIL 2, PL d
AKD-C Central Power Supply Installation Guide
AKD-N Servo Drive Brochure
AKD-N Servo Drive Installation Manual
Single Cable Solution Flyer